Rewarding students for good behaviour, positive attitude and achievement is a very powerful tool. At Dormston we firmly believe that the use of rewards can serve to boost a student's self-image, increase motivation, and promote positive behaviour thus reducing the use of sanctions and, in many instances, rendering them unnecessary.
The house point system continually rewards student achievement in terms of attendance, effort and involvement in extra-curricular activities. House points are tallied both individually, and collectively as a House, with success being celebrated at Rewards Evenings.
All students have the opportunity to achieve their bronze, silver, gold and platinum reward ties based on house points received.
- 300 house points = bronze tie
- 600 house points = silver tie
- 900 house points = gold tie
- 1200 house points = platinum tie
Other rewards include
- Head Teacher Commendation
- Core Value Stripes
- Learner of the month
- Pizza Reward Evenings
- Invitation to The Dormston School Awards Evening that celebrates academic achievement in an ‘Oscar’ style ceremony.